General privacy statement
What do we do with your data?
Do we process your data?
As a services group, Liantis assists entrepreneurs in all human resources aspects. From starting up your own business, paying social security contributions and pension savings, to recruiting and hiring employees, taking out the necessary insurance policies, and looking after payroll administration, health and safety policies, and child benefit payments. We also help job applicants find jobs and offer insurance.
Therefore, we chiefly process the data of entrepreneurs and their employees, but also of applicants and policyholders. Of course, we also process the data of quite a few potential clients and anyone who visits our website.
We take the utmost care of all these data and want to inform you in an entirely transparent way.
Why do we collect your data?
To be able to provide our services, we need a great deal of personal data about independent entrepreneurs and their employees as well as about applicants or policyholders.
We use these data to provide our services correctly with as little administration as possible for the entrepreneurs and their employees. Moreover, we can provide entrepreneurs with the necessary support and the best possible advice to allow their employees to work in optimal conditions.
What data do we have about you?
As a services group, Liantis assists entrepreneurs in all human resources aspects. This means we process a great deal of the entrepreneurs’ own data as well as their employees’. Below is a list of the data we keep. We do not use these data for all our services but limit them, per service, to the data required to provide our services in the best possible way.
- Identification data: in many cases, we keep names and dates of birth to identify someone correctly, the address to send correspondence, or, within the legally permitted exceptions, the national register number to communicate with, for example, the National Social Security Office.
- Contact data: we use the mobile phone number or e-mail address to contact the relevant people if necessary.
- Family data: we keep a record of the civil status and the number of dependents at Liantis sociaal secretariaat (payroll processing company) to make accurate payroll calculations and tax deductions.
- Personal characteristics and behavioural data: we generally keep a record of which language you speak to help you in the best possible way. When you apply for a job, Liantis talent services may draw up a personality report about you, and when you take out a car insurance policy, Liantis risk solutions will keep a record of the type of driver's licence you have.
- Educational and professional data: as an HR services group, we process a considerable amount of these data across our units. These data range from diplomas, joint committees and positions to contract data, seniority, workplaces, and job breaks. These data are essential for, among other things, applications for Liantis talent services, health and safety at work for Liantis externe dienst voor preventie en bescherming (External occupational health and safety service), and the payroll calculations by Liantis sociaal secretariaat. The Liantis sociaal verzekeringsfonds (social insurance fund) and the Liantis ondernemingsloket (enterprise counter) also keep these data about self-employed members.
- Financial data: as a services group we have knowledge of many financial transactions. For example, Liantis sociaal secretariaat knows which wages have been paid, Liantis sociaal verzekeringsfonds knows which social security contributions have been paid, and Liantis risk solutions knows which premiums and compensation payments have been paid.
- Physical data: only the Liantis externe dienst voor preventie en bescherming has knowledge of certain physical characteristics in the context of health and safety at work.
- Medical and psychosocial data: we only process these data within Liantis externe dienst voor preventie en bescherming in the performance of our statutory tasks.
- Legal data: in very limited cases, we process legal data, for example, if Liantis talent services is legally obliged to check whether someone has a blank criminal record.
- Political, trade union, and ideological data: we only process this category of data at the Liantis sociaal secretariaat and Liantis externe dienst voor preventie en bescherming because we need to know about trade union membership for our services.
How do we collect your data?
We collect your data in different ways, depending on your relationship with our group.
You provide us with your data yourself:
- if you, as an employer or HR Manager, join Liantis sociaal secretariaat;
- when you register with Liantis talent services to apply for a job;
- when you take out a policy with Liantis risk solutions;
- to the Liantis ondernemingsloket when you start your own business;
- when you enter your data on our website because you are interested in one of our services.
Your employer provides us with your data:
- to have Liantis sociaal secretariaat calculate your wages;
- to schedule a medical examination with the Liantis externe dienst voor preventie en bescherming to comply with health and safety at work guidelines;
- to take out occupational accident insurance;
- to calculate and make your child benefit payments.
We receive your data from third parties:
- many of our services receive data from a public service, for example via the social security services for payroll calculation, health and safety at work, or the calculation of social contributions for self-employed persons;
- the Liantis sociaal verzekeringsfonds, the Liantis ondernemingsloket and the Liantis pensioenfonds receive a lot of data through accountants;
- Liantis risk solutions receives data from insurance companies.
We receive your data via cookies when you use our website.
- With these cookies:
- we have a record of your preferences so that you do not have to re-enter your language preferences every time you visit our website;
- our website can work faster;
- we can improve our website on the basis of anonymised data;
- and, with your permission, we can respond to your interest in certain services.
If you do not want cookies, you can disable or delete them at any time in your browser. This may affect the functioning of our website.
Why do we use your data?
First of all, we use your data to provide our services:
- If you start your own business, we will use your identification and contact data, family data, personal characteristics and behavioural data, educational and professional data, and financial data, among other things, for the preparation of your file and the publication in the Belgian Official Gazette.
- If you are a member of Liantis sociaal verzekeringsfonds, we will take care of the payment of your social security contributions using your identification and contact data, educational and professional data, and financial data.
- We calculate your wages on the basis of your identification and contact data, family data, educational and professional data, and financial data.
- To protect your health and safety at work, we use your identification and contact data, family data, personal characteristics and behavioural data, educational and professional data, physical data, and medical and psychosocial data.
- When you send an application to Liantis talent services, we process your identification and contact data, family data, personal characteristics and behavioural data, and educational and professional data to help you find a job.
- For example, if you took out car insurance with Liantis risk solutions, we use your identification and contact data, personal characteristics, behavioural data and financial data to manage your insurance policy.
We also use your data to reduce your administrative burden and to guarantee that we use the correct data. For this reason, we transfer your identification and contact data throughout our group so that you need to submit a change of address or new e-mail address only once. This saves you time and effort and ensures that we will send your personal documents to the correct and current address.
If you are a personal client of multiple units within our group, we also use your data to provide you with the best possible service. We will transfer your data within our group to check whether we can improve our existing services to you.
If you are a personal client, we also use your data to offer personalised advice with the most relevant information for your specific situation.
To whom do we transfer your data?
For an efficient administration, we share your data within our group. If you are a personal client, we also do this to provide the best possible service and personalised advice, as mentioned above.
We also share your data outside our group if this is necessary in the context of our services. For example, we transfer your data to public services, insurance companies, mail delivery companies, or IT companies.
How do we protect your data?
To protect your data, we adopt many technical and organisational measures to guarantee the availability, integrity, and protection of your personal data. Our technical measures include network security, system security, firewalls, encryption, and access control. Organisationally, we provide physical access restrictions, identity checks, raising our employees’ awareness, a procedure in the event of data breaches, and close monitoring of everything that happens to your data within our group.